Thursday, May 9, 2013

Webster's Pages: A Trinket Box for Mom {w/Tutorial~!}

Good morning! We're coming up on Mother's Day weekend here, and we're getting ready for the holiday at Webster's Pages with some gifts for mom! I've got a little trinket box that I created for my own mom, as well as a step-by-step tutorial for those of you who would like to put one together yourself :).

"Mother's Day Trinket Box"

Pin It

Supplies Needed:

{Papers}
New Beginnings Collection "Morning Glory"
New Beginnings Collection "A Life to Celebrate"

{Trims}
New Beginnings "Blue Ruffle"
New Beginning "Orange & Pink Polka"
Modern Romance "Butter Rosette"

{Embellishments}
Modern Romance Perfect Accents "Heart"
Charm Perfect Pack "Love Birds"
New Beginnings Sentiment Stickers
Quick Picks Stick Pin

Other:
Box (I purchased a cheap kraft-type box from Hobby Lobby for 50 cents)
Mod Podge (I used matte)
Paintbrush (easiest with a larger one)
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun
Pencil

Let's get started! There are 8 easy steps in completing this project. Forgive my first couple of photos with my messy desk, ha! I wasn't sure if I was actually going to do a step-by-step until you can see I committed to it by Step 3 ;). I hope you enjoy!









Voila!


 Happy Mother's Day to you who celebrate- I hope you enjoy your weekend :). And thank-you for dropping by my blog and letting me share with you!

Take care,

18 comments:

Lizzyc said...

OH this looks so pretty, that frilled ribbon really makes the heart come alive and all the other colors are enhanced by it too.. really beautiful gift box.. will be a special present that is for sure!!

Unknown said...

Super Gorgeous!!

Patter Cross said...

Gorgeous and great tutorial! I bet between you and Kelly, your mom gets some GORGEOUS gifts! Have a blessed day!

Laurie said...

Erin, this is GORGEOUS! I think that aqua and orange go together better than any other two colors, that heart embellishment is so pretty, your mom will love this :)

Romy said...

Oh my, this is just as pretty as can be! I love how you arranged the charm and whimsy heart and the ruffled trim is the perfect finishing touch.

juscrap said...

just gorgeous!!!xx

Ashley Horton said...

This is gorgeous Erin!! I love that Blue ruffle trim around the heart shape!! What a great Mother's Day gift!

Patty O'Malley said...

This box is so pretty! The colors are perfect for this time of year. Happy Mother's Day!

Davi said...

Such a beautiful little box Erin, love the pretty heart and springy colors. Im sure your mom will love it ;) Have a Happy Mother's Day!

ingrid said...

how lovely is this!! xxx

Chantalle said...

That is precious!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is just beautiful!!

Renata Moni said...

What a wonderful project! Love this!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Danielle said...

Wow, gorgeous little box!! Love it!

Sonia said...

Good morning my dearest friend^_^
Stunning creation^_^
Happy weekend,
Sonia

sandi said...

Wow! So pretty! So creative! <3!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is STUNNING! So pretty and I'm loving the heart and colour combo!! :D