Tuesday, January 28, 2014

February Magnifique Mixed Media Kit~!

Good morning!

I'm so excited that I can finally share with you my first project using the {SOLD OUT} February Magnifique Mixed Media Kit from C'est Magnifique! It's such a joy putting these together each month, and just as much so creating with them. 

Today I have a special canvas to share with you; a reminder to myself to cultivate the fruits of the spirit. For me, visual reminders are a must and creating something about which I feel passionate makes for a great project. I really loved putting this together :)

"Fruits of the Spirit" Canvas
This kit had so many fun things to choose from, and the color palette is simply awesome :)

I used book pages to create the distressed, torn layers like you see on the bottom of the canvas here. I highlighted them with the Magenta Shimmerz and Pink Azalea Twinkling H20's.

 The fussy cut flowers were trimmed from one of the Prima Paintables cards. 

My title was cut from one of the Prima Chalkboard cards, with details cut from the We R Memory Keepers cards and the backdrop from one of the Manor House Creations papers included in the main kit. Underneath you can see just a hint of the Pink Azalea Twinkling H2O's. I've added jute twine and gold thread from my stash.

Fussy cut butterfly courtesy the Prima Paintables.

I've used the KaiserCraft clear stamp along with some distress ink and stamped it randomly throughout my canvas.

Finally, the Splash of Color Modeling Cream and ColorBox stencil worked together to add some beautiful detail. The Ranger "Scattered Straw" Distress Paint was easy to dab on for additional color.

Here's another look at the complete February Magnifique Mixed Media Kit:

Magnifique Mixed Media Kit:

Ranger: Distress Paint: Scattered Straw
Shimmerz: Magenta
Shimmerz: Texturez; Gold Mine: 1/2 jar
LuminArte: Twinkling H2O's: Pink Azalea
Splash of Color: Viva Colour: Modeling Cream Dimensional Paint: Pearl: 1/3 jar
Clearsnap: Donna Salazar: Mixd Media Inx: CHOX: Pomegranate
Prima: Assorted Flowers
Assorted Prima Paintables/Chalkboard Pocket Cards
KaiserCraft: Texture Clear Stamp: Dictionary Meanings
We R Memory Keepers: Albums Made Easy: Captured: Die Cut Cards and Envelopes
General Pencil Co.: All Surface Pencils: Black & White
ColorBox: Art Screens: 6 x 6 Stencil: Mandala
* Some embellishments are partial packages

Thanks for coming by and letting me share with you!

7 comments:

Romy said...

You really are the master of canvases. This is just another amazing one :)

Davi said...

FABulous canvas Erin!! I love all the beautiful texture, flowers and the circular twine! A wonderful way to remind you to cultivate those spiritual fruits in you life :)

Laurie said...

really gorgeous Erin! I have a blank canvas that i've had forever and can't figure out what to do with it...

Miae said...

Totally gorgeous!!

Words and Pictures said...

It's a totally stunning canvas!
Alison x

Carole Wright said...

wow this is awesome.

Patty O'Malley said...

Really beautiful, Erin! Love the texture and the inspiration for the canvas.